Tuesday, May 03, 2005

This week I 'av been mostly watching...

Firefly: I've only watched the first 6 episodes or so, but this is pretty darn good. It's a Sci-Fi Western with a Han Solo type captain, Joss Whedon's great one liners and as far as I can tell a decent potential for an arc plot. Naturally it was cancelled. But it's coming back as a movie, which is unusual.

Millennium: X-Files spinoff with Lance Henrikson as a criminal profiler. Originally I assumed this was going somewhere with an arc relating to the Millennium prophecies and a count down to 2000. Instead it has the usual but it turns out it was cancelled in 1999 with a rushed finale in an X-Files 7th Season episode (conveniently packaged with the 3rd Season boxed set). Not cheery watching.

Best of Monty Python: Thanks to screenselect.co.uk I have been watching the classic episodes of Monty Python. Brilliant. I think my neighbours heard me singing the lumberjack song.

Meet the Parents: Saw Meet the Fockers a while back and I couldn't remember some of the finer points of its prequel. Not bad, not hilarious though.

Doctor Who: Nice Dalek episode. Hyped up to be something it wasn't, but it was pretty darn good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*sings the lumberjack song*

bastard. now that's stuck in my head for the next fortnight. Gah.

Anonymous said...

Dalek episode of Doctor Who...

BEST EPISODE EVER!!!

Don't let anyone tell you any differently, a brilliant peice of writing from Russel T Davis (Even if most of us would have liked to see the Dalek take out Salt Lake city...)