Sunday, May 15, 2005

Another Acme Idea

Beer is bad. Beer gives me ideas, and this particular idea came to me on the cusp of my third pint on Friday night in the Gateway, Leicester.

The Lovebike

Working to bring love in tandem with you.

A new variant on the speed dating craze - 10 bikes, 20 people, 10 male, 10 female. 60 minute cycle in the country - 6 minutes with each potential partner.

Sad thing - everyone agreed this idea would probably make money.

You saw it here first. (c) me and if you use it I will sue for money as I'm too lazy to implement this idea.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm doesn't appeal to me- purely because I do NOT look good when all pink and sweaty.

I also find collapsing on the ground clutching my chest and wheezing doesn't create the best of impressions....

Stuart said...

You're cycling for 3 minutes at a time... how tired can you get?

Anonymous said...

Well that depends if it's uphill or downhill....

Stuart said...

Dunno but the plan would be to use tandems. Double the pedal-power!

Anonymous said...

Tandem Bicycles - a metaphor for your future relationship together. You'll know whether your potential mate is suited to you straight away.

Do they lie back and let you put all the effort into the cycling? They're not for you! Do you both balk at the sight of any uphill struggles and promptly give up, or do you both embrace the challenge and work together to get yourselves through the task?

Does he get an unfortunate puncture at the wrong moment, and hang about at the side of the road grimly holding his limp inner tube?

How does she handle the pump?

These are questions that should be answered before the relationship gets too serious, and I for one applaud your efforts Stu.

Anonymous said...

Damn. The warning was there when Big G broke the bicycle pump but did I heed it.....

Stuart said...

I think Big G's poor management of bicycle pumps was one of the more subtle warnings you should've noted. ;)