Saturday, April 02, 2005

The Trials of Stuart Kerrigan, Part Two

So Sunday morning I had my house guest, the gas man...

The smell is apparently a hybrid of a small gas leak and the vast quantities of paint that were stored in the cupboard. There was a gas leak and it was necessary to get a new meter installed. He also showed me the gas fire in the living room worked. However he couldn't get the boiler to work and told me to call the landlords on Monday.

I started hooking up my PC and unpacking and the flat began to feel like home. Even went so far as to clean the microwave and cook some food last night.

One irate phone call to the letting agency this morning and I am assured it will be all fixed...

No comments: