So today was the big day and already I have a list of problems to take up with the Lettings Co...
1) Try as I might I cannot seem to light the boiler for heating and hot water. The flat is therefore really cold and I have just bought a tiny electric heater (which I didn't have a screwdriver to put together so is really makeshift...)
2) The power closet smells of gas. Not strongly, but not faintly either.
3) No wheelie bin - every other flat has one, but I do not.
4) I have no key for the backdoor. The one left in the lock doesn't seem to work.
5) Most disturbingly - the flat has 2 fridges in the kitchen. The first one worked fine when switched on, the second one fizzed, frazzled and blew smoke throughout the kitchen. Not impressed.
6) The microwave interior puts Hammer Horror films to shame.
7) The phone doesn't work. It's plugged in, but despite there being no power plug it doesnae work.
That's before I upload the photo of the panties on the pin board.
I have to say this weekend has been probably the most bleak point in my move to Leicester. Fortunately the flat is 10 minutes from the centre so when things get too much I go shopping!