Friday, March 18, 2005

StuWatch

I just had the most surreal experience when going for my afternoon can of Cherry Coke (yes, they sell that in this city). I've long suspected Leicester's Student Union has a weird taste in music. I mean they have some guy who's job it is to sit between two speakers and play gangsta rap at enormous volumes.

So I walked into the shop to hear, blaring over the speakers,

Some people stand in the darkness
Afraid to step into the light
Some people need to help somebody
When the edge of surrender’s in sight..


In case you're not aware that's the apparently popular Baywatch Theme.

I was beginning to feel that in order to buy my cherry coke and twix I should really start running down the aisle of the student's union shop in slow motion, pearly white teeth and six pack gleeming, dragging a life preserver behind me.

Surreal.

No comments: