Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Home Again

Yes, I'm in Dundee now preparing for my viva (which is this Friday). Yesterday was a 400 mile trip but it was made more bearable with the Doctor Who and Da Vinci Code audio CDs I'd bought.

Don't try to study at a service station after 4 hours of driving. I looked at the front page of a paper and thought, "Nope", put it back in the enormous cardboard box and went for a real break.

I got home at about midnight, though I'd stopped for many many hours after making very good time along the Glasgow road. It may actually be further than going via Edinburgh but it is quicker because very little of it is single carriage-way with "294 people got killed here last year because some council member decided this road is especially narrow and treacherous" signs about the place.

No comments: