Monday, September 25, 2006

We Are Experiencing Technical Difficulties

I gave a mock lecture today on converting to binary. It didn't go too badly but it could've gone better. However whenever there's a lot of technical difficulties in just getting set up my confidence tends to be lower, and lower confidence means poorer talks.

You see when you book a lecture hall at the University of Leicester you do not book the computer, projection screen or even laptop adaptor in the hall. In the wonderful bureaucratic world of Leicester Uni that is handled by another department so external events can be charged for using all facilities. Add to that an OHP with the intensity of a small sun and thus practically blinding me, I think I need to work on my technique slightly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are officially an educator only when all ability to operate overhead projectors, video recorders, and interactive whiteboards has been surgically removed.

You're one step closer to your goal!