Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Curry, Beef, Hammers and New Orleans,

I've been organising a leaving do for one of my colleagues. He's leaving and not being replaced which means one less ocean of sanity in my workplace. A certain other fellow point-blank refused to do it when asked, claiming it was not his responsibility as he'd organised the office Xmas 2004 lunch. Ocean of sanity I said.

This also means unfortunately I'm most likely going to have to eat curry for lunch, which is not a good thing as I don't like curry or spicy food, and I've broken by diet after losing 3/4 of a stone or so in the past 6 weeks. I don't plan on restarting until after my hols. I'm off to have some cheap roast beef in a minute downstairs in preparation.

I've also drafted myself into DMing Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Wednesday nights. I'm planning on running the Enemy Within campaign, since I've been raving about it for so long and it saves me having to write something original on the fly. This is replacing our Shadowrun game which was set in New Orleans and thus seemed to be in poor taste.

On the subject of New Orleans, it is sad to see New Orleans in such a terrible state. Horror stories of all the suffering (including most strikingly to me, the vast number of pets simply abandoned in the evacuation) aside this was one of the few places Stateside I really wanted to visit. I'm going to avoid planning any other "must-see" trips anywhere in case this becomes a trend though lately I've considered learning Italian and going to Rome.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah Stu, your dislike of curry does you no favours. Curry doesn't have to equal hot & spicy - you can get very mild ones that are a lot less fiery than, say, some of the pizza toppings you regularly scoff. Hot curries like vindaloos (literal translation: "Swill for stupid foreigners") are very much out of vogue these days. Just think of curry as a species of stew, and you'll get on fine with it.

Anonymous said...

Steve yet again proving he reads a lot of Terry Pratchet (Jingo if I'm not mistaken Steve!) aside,

Where was the Hammer in the post? If it was Warhammer shouldn't the Hammer have had a ' infront of it? Only telling you now before my wife sees it!

Anonymous said...

Per una prova delicata del curry "un pasanda del pollo" Amo l'Italia. Sono 1/16 Di Italiano...

Stuart said...

I've got a hanging apostrophe in the title anyway, I'm doomed!