Sunday, July 01, 2012

Pimp My Advanced Heroquest Part 7: Heroquest

I managed to pick up a copy of Heroquest, which means I now have a decent selection of HQ monsters, and the rather nice furnite. I also managed to acquire some rather reasonably painted minis of the main 4 heroes, who as we know are playable options in AHQ.
Our four heroes, the Barbarian, Dwarf, Elf and Wizard
The Barbarian miniature
Something about the Barbarian always confused me in AHQ. His character sheet shows the following mini:-
Rogar's picture on his Advanced Heroquest Character Sheet
I thought this was a specially painted mini or some such but it turns out Games Workshop made metal versions of the four heroes. These were not widely distributed - in fact one metal barbarian went for $405!! Needless to say I doubt I'll be getting one soon.
The Elf also has an expensive metal figure I won't be buying in this lifetime
The Dwarf is my favourite piece
The wizard - personally I always thought this was a Light Wizard model.

No comments: