Friday, November 18, 2005

Choo Choo

I'm off home next week it seems. I was casually enquiring about my holiday allowance (seeing how my only holiday was 10 days long) and discovered I had 14 days of allowance left.

And I couldn't take these in term time.
And they had to be taken, bar 4-5 days, by the 31st of December.
And term ends on the 16th of December.

So - not enough days outside of term time to take holidays with.

I managed to haggle a long weekend home (actually Wednesday-Friday) next week as I have only 1 class during that period (Mondays and Tuesdays are my busy days). Happily I even have all next week's coursework done, meaning I can do most of next week's work on Monday or...

... on the train. For I am using public transport (though sensibly my changes are 20 minutes apart). So I will be back in Dundee it seems late Tuesday night until Sunday afternoon. And not shattered from driving! I plan on taking a laptop, some marking and some XViDs of Rome or Smallville or some such and chilling on the train.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

no aeroplane?

Anonymous said...

For my future benefit, were you able to specify connection times when you made your train booking? When I booked the train down to Leicester and back, I did it online and couldn't find an option to extend the time between trains.

Wise man though - as you know, I had one 3 minute connection which inevitably meant I missed it and ended up on a totally different route home that added an extra couple of hours onto the journey and meant all my pre-booked seats were useless and I had to fight off the other passengers to ensure a seat.

Stuart said...

No - I just looked at the itinerary and chose the one that gave me the most time between changes and the least number of changes.