Sunday, August 28, 2005

SNNNNAAAAIIIILLLLSSSS

Or They Said Lightning Never Strikes Twice... They Lied! They Lied!

Many of you will know of the Dungeons and Dragons movie - a film which has a place in everyone's heart. If they suffer from some affliction of the heart. Some of you have even sat through the excellent "Stu and Alex's Commentary" version of this film, which I am told is more enjoyable than the original film. Some folk I know even got a refund when seeing it in the cinema as they didn't show the Lord of the Rings trailer.

They've made a sequel.



Worse yet, I have managed to get an early copy of this inevitable train wreck. Look at the poster...



Note the lack of blue lipstick on the all-too familiar baddie.

In preparation for this thankfully all too uncommon event I've inflicted my DVD of D&D1 on my housemate - including the wonderful D&D cameo deleted scene where you see Jeremy Irons hamming it up one second, and the next second after "cut" is called walking off the set realising what a terrible B-movie his Oscar winning Shakespearean self has been contractually manoeuvered into making.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Anonymous said...

*cough* saddos *cough*

Anonymous said...

Stu actually insisted that me and him go to the pictures to see Dungeons and Dragons. "Come on - it'll be a laugh," he lied. I have never forgiven him.

Stuart said...

I just want to apologize to Steve's mom, and Bindy Badgee's mom, and my mom. I am so sorry! Because it was my fault. I was the one who brought them there. I was the one that said "Come on - it'll be a laugh." I was the one who said that it might not be crap. It was my fault, because it was my project. I am so scared! I don't know what other sequels are out there. We are going to see hundred of them! I am so scared!